Benelli motorcycles are owned and built by Chinese manufacturer Qianjiang Motorcycle, which is in turn owned by giant parent company Geely Auto which among many other brands, also owns Volvo.
Benelli’s model range in designed in Pesaro, Italy where the brand was founded way back in 1911.
The 2022 Benelli TRK 800 sports a 754cc DOHC twin-cylinder engine that produces 75Hp at 8500rpm with a max torque of 66Nm at 6500rpm fed through a six-speed gearbox and slipper clutch.
The spoked wheelset is 19/17-inches with ABS-equipped Brembo brakes taking on the stopping duties with 320mm discs up front and a 260mm disc at the rear. Ground clearance is low 210mm (10mm more than a 390 Adventure), and the seat height is a reasonable 833mm.
The fuel capacity is just short of 21-litres. Lighting is all LED and the display is a generous 7-inch TFT unit.
The Benelli TRK 800 will see release in mid-2022. There is no word on pricing nor whether Benelli will offer an ‘adventure specific’ X model as they do with the TRK 502.
2022 BENELLI TRK 800 SPECS
- Type: Parallel twin
- Displacement: 754cc
- Bore x stroke: 88 x 62mm
- Maximum power: 75 horsepower @ 8500 rpm
- Maximum torque: 49 ft-lbs @ 6500 rpm
- Compression ratio: 11.5:1
- Valvetrain: DOHC; 4 vpc
- Fueling: EFI w/ dual 43mm throttle bodies
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 6-speed w/ assist and slipper functions
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame: Steel trellis w/ aluminium swingarm
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable Marzocchi 50mm inverted fork; 170mm
- Rear suspension: Cantilevered rebound-damping and spring-preload adjustable shock; 170mm
- Wheels: Wire-spoked w/ aluminium rim
- Front-wheel: 19 x 3.00
- Rear-wheel: 17 x 4.25
- Tires: Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR
- Front tire: 110/80 x 19
- Rear tire: 150/70 x 17
- Front brakes: 320mm semi-floating discs w/ radially mounted Brembo 4-piston monobloc callipers
- Rear brake: 260mm disc w/ Brembo single-piston calliper
- ABS: Standard
- Wheelbase: 1529mm
- Seat height: 833mm
- Ground clearance: 210mm
- Fuel tank capacity: 21 litres
- Estimated fuel consumption: 51 mpg
- Curb weight: 249 kilograms (approx.)