The dates for Husqvarna Australia’s popular Husky Trek have been announced and this year an important change has been made.
Traditionally a single model ride catering for the 701 Enduro, Husqvarna will now be taking entries from riders on the new Norden 901, due to be launched in Australia soon.
The 5-day ride which starts on August 14 and ends on the 19th, will be held in South-East Queensland taking in everything from rainforest to open cattle country and if previous routes are anything to go by the ride will be a highlight of the calendar.
The tracks will be accessible for a range of skill levels with the harder routes optional only. If you’re game though, the tougher routes are often where some of the best stories come from, especially if the weather comes into play.
We’ve ridden the two previous Husky Treks and still rave about the trails and landscapes, organisation and quality crew we experienced. A lot of laughs, a tonne of riding and great company – what more do you need to tick off a perfect week?
The ride will start and finish at the unique Bunya Mountains – a spectacular wilderness range forming an isolated section of the Great Dividing Range. The immense subtropical range of cool, green rainforest, eucalypt forests and woodlands is home to the world’s largest forest of bunya pines.
The route will then head north into true Queensland country – with another two overnights at Gayndah, offering riders a very special loop on Day Three that will traverse through a private 1500-acre property thanks to one of our own Husky riders! And finishing out the five days of adventure through Gympie and back to Bunya Mountains, taking in all the best that Queensland has to offer for adventure tracks and scenery.
Registrations open here Wednesday, March 9th 2022 at 12:00pm AEDT and you’ll want to get in fast so you don’t miss out.
DATES AND DESTINATIONS
- Sunday August 14th – Friday August 19th 2022
- SUN 14.08 – Sign-on & Welcome – BUNYA MOUNTAINS
- DAY 1 – BUNYA MOUNTAINS
- DAY 2 – GAYNDAH
- DAY 3 – GAYNDAH
- DAY 4 – GYMPIE
- DAY 5 – BUNYA MOUNTAINS
- Pre-ridden and planned route with the help of local experts, highlighting the best adventure riding in the region.
- Lead Riders, Course Markers & GPS Files – You just get on your Husky each morning and ride.
- Luggage Support – Don’t ride hindered by your bags. Our luggage van transports your items each day, leaving you with a light load to enjoy the adventure.
- Technical Support – Peace of mind knowing our trained Husqvarna Motorcycles mechanics are on hand at each Home Base to assist with any mechanical issues that may arise.
- Medical Support – With both riding medics and a medical 4WD backup vehicle, ride at ease knowing that you will have assistance should you need it.
- Backup Vehicle & Sweep Support – Following all riders each day will be a 4WD with trailer, as well as sweep riders ready to help, have a chat or ride a long with!
- Dinner included every night – After a big day of adventure don’t worry about where to find your dinner, meaning you can relax and relive the day with a group of like-minded friends.
- Event Video & Photos – We will capture the memories from the week for you to share with your family and friends, making them envious for years to come of your experiences.
- $1,795 per rider. Includes everything above. Accommodation not Included.
HUSKY TREK REQUIREMENTS
- Husqvarna 701 Enduro, 701 Enduro LR or Norden 901 motorcycle, registered
- Third party property damage insurance OR Comprehensive motorcycle insurance (recommended)
- Full open unrestricted motorcycle license
- Knobby tyres