Showing zero interest in messing with a formula that’s working very well for the company right now, Yamaha has restricted its updates to the Tenere 700 to BNGs (bold-new-graphics) for 2022.
The new graphics proudly display the Tenere name for all to see while the new colours are called Icon
Blue, Midnight Black and Heritage White which recalls the period when Yamaha’s most competitive period of the Dakar Rally.
It was also announced that Australia will not see the European spec Rally Edition in 2022.
The Tenere 700 has been a very successful model for Yamaha Australia. Released in 2019 it’s a little too soon to expect any major changes to the 700 while we’re still waiting on news of a 1000cc-plus Tenere and hoping, wishing and praying for news on a 450 Rally Replica. The WR450F would be a brilliant platform for an adventure build.
For now, the 700 will hold the Tenere flame aloft (with a little help from the 1200s still on dealer’s floors).
2022 YAMAHA TENERE 700 FEATURES
- High torque, 689cc, 4-stroke CP2 engine
- Lightweight double cradle tubular steel frame
- Slim, compact and ergonomic body and seat
- Aggressive rally-bred face with 4-LED headlights
- Adjustable long-travel 43mm USD forks
- Adjustable rear suspension
- Rally style cockpit with tapered handlebars
- 21-inch/18-inch spoked wheels with adventure tyres
- Slim fuel tank with 16-litre capacity
- Switchable ABS for on the fly adjustment